With headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. our client, the leader in intrusion prevention and security risk management, proactively secures systems and networks, worldwide. Their unmatched security expertise, focus on manageability, and proven ability to successfully prevent attacks are the reasons why they are the security solution of choice for homes, businesses, service providers, and the public
About the Role:
As a "Trusted Advisor", a Resident Enterprise Support Engineer will foster strong relationships between the Company and its customer and will be relied upon to provide advice and recommendations, based upon their own experience and expertise, for the Company’s products across all levels of an organization. With a goal to support continued renewals and product purchases, they will think strategically and recognize opportunities for revenue generation and competitive displacement, and share that information with their Sales team. The Resident Enterprise Support Engineer is part of the Technical Support function
• You will act as a customer advocate to support the proper functioning of the Company’s products deployed throughout the organization.
• Coordinating the onsite team and resources needed to resolve issues that prevent the proper operation of products in production.
• Monitor and manage all customer issues daily with emphasis on progressing cases towards resolution and having the appropriate resources involved
• Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with customers, Product Specialists, Tier III, Development and Management as required to ensure customers' satisfaction
• Provide weekly status update summary to the customer for all of their current open issues and copy the customer's sales representative on those updates
• Represent customers' interest when they need a patch, hotfix or FMR at all levels within our organization
• Provide customer with proactive communication regarding program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans.
• Help identify, recommend, and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures related to the proper functioning of the Company’s products.
• Provide information to update the Customer Hotlist / Watchlist entries weekly or as status changes
• Ensure internal and customer service level agreements are met for all issues
• Assist in maintaining effective and efficient communication between customers, sales, the Company’s management, and Product Specialists
• Provide customers with monthly and quarterly Executive Summary Reports and host conference calls as needed for the customer and Company virtual team to discuss past or current issues. Work with the customer during these sessions to establish customer agreement with severity and impact assigned to issues.
• Communicate customer's case escalations after theses sessions to management so they can be presented to Tier III for inclusion on escalations to development
• Maintain personal technical competency level of the Company’s products deployed suitable to clearly understand customer issues and to facilitate effective resolution
• Work with the customer and provide product reports as required.
• Review product configuration and advise on best practices when required
• You must have experience in relationship and/or customer management in a technical environment with named or dedicated accounts. .
• Experience in management of technical projects requiring coordination of various resources for successful outcome.
• Strong knowledge of data security hardware, software, and management platforms with an understanding and emphasis on installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, integration, and maintenance of client/server operations is desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong personal interaction, presentation and telephone interaction skills at the business professional services level
• Strong personal computing skills in Windows 2000/XP and Windows Server 2003
• Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements in a dynamic environment
• Fluent in English and German
• Tertiary education, either University or Technical College, in computer science or a related field
• Experience Supporting the Company’s Product Line
• CompTIA Security and/or CISSP Certification preferred
• Business Development experience - either as contributor or Manager
• Any additional languages also an advantage