Regional Account Manager – Inside Sales
Munich Office Client
Our Client provides software products that improve how business users work with SAP. For customers who struggle with rigid, expensive and inefficient processes that limit their ability to adapt to changing business conditions, our client has the solution.
Their Platform enables customers to build and adapt Excel and SharePoint-based interactive forms and workflows for SAP without programming. Thousands of our client’s customers have radically accelerated SAP processes, saving and redirecting millions of dollars every day.
Customers are supported worldwide from offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and India.
The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the
Company’s quarterly and annual sales goals for their particular assigned region.
The Regional Account Manager will drive the Company’s additional software license sales
into the installed base by conducting discovery conversations with mid-to-high level
contacts and navigate corporate pathways into mid to larger enterprise accounts, creating
interest in the Company’s solution. The Regional Account Manager will have
approximately 40 assigned accounts in a geographic territory. The sole responsibility is to
drive incremental business within those established accounts by prospecting into the
installed base in different divisions for expansion purposes, as well as establish and work
This individual must have an entrepreneurial, take-charge style and come with a solid
record of hitting/exceeding quota and managing a territory. Must have the ability to create
specific account plans for each customer, understand what the use cases are, determine
other contacts within the organization who will benefit from the Company’s product. Travel
approximately 30% of the time, hosting “Company Days”, create strategies and campaigns
for expansion. Must be comfortable selling technical software solutions to various business
groups within an organization including; finance, human resources, sales and distribution,
and information technology. Experience in telephone sales and in person sales is a must.
• Focus on identifying new business opportunities from existing and prospective or competitive accounts as well as retaining a high renewal rate through up-selling and cross selling
• Maintains expected call volume of 48 calls per day, calling on new business leads and existing customers.
• Develop relationships with key decision makers, understand and respond to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity.
• Territory Management - develop and execute detailed sales/marketing plans, effectively forecast renewals/up-sells, manage time and work flow, create effective call plans and maintain high call volume, monitor and respond to competition, networks and generate a minimum of two referrals per quarter within an assigned territory
• Close alignment with field-based team for development and penetration of high value accounts/opportunities
• Works closely with channel partners to help close business
• Product Knowledge - is able to explain product features/benefits, generates customer interest
• Sales Team Support - continuously share information with team and manager, works with other departments including channel and field when necessary, follow company policies and values, and is able to balance short and long term goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Consistently negotiates and closes new & existing business
• Creates strategies for expansion of sales
• Aggressive sales prospecting skills
• Increase pipeline through demand generation and targeted campaigns to installed
• Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and technologies, competitors, industry trends
• Manage/overcome prospect objections
• Ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue opportunities
• Develops strategies to generate cost effective sales leads
• Develops and maintains effective business and marketing plans for assigned
• Strong knowledge of reseller and referral channels
• Ability to create sales presentation messages, positioning statements, and other
• Responsible for tracking all customer information and interaction in CRM system
• Must embrace use of sales methodologies
• A minimum of 5 years successful inside sales experience in enterprise software
• Bachelor’s degree
• SAP (or other ERP) knowledge/experience a plus
• Track record of sales at a high level of achievement
• Track record of outbound lead generation and high conversion rate
• Professionalism and strong communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure of quota and adapt to a changing environment
• Sell using a “solutions-oriented” approach that uses consultative sales techniques
• Analytical skill set, strong presentation skills, ability to interact with any level within
• Flexibility in work schedule when needed
• Ability to pass a background check
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 kilos.